Here is a low re version of the final film, sped up considerably and with white letterboxes for no particular reason:
My projector is here!!
And i love it, even tho its very big, its has a horrible fake white leather finish on the top and in general not a pretty box, i have yet to try it as i am still missing my media player and i dont have the right adaptor to use it with my computer, but other then that… its awesome!
Im worried that the media player is not here on time, but if worse comes to worse i have to buy another one, from pc world (where it turns out it is cheaper anyway) and then retur the one from play.com if it ever turns up, but i will wait a few more days before i do that… also i dont have any money to do that…
Oh and make sure to check out the degreeshow page, it has the planning of the show from start to finish, and i just updated again!
so i did another render, this time with an h.364 or whatever compression, and the file is not only 10GB, when the old one was 35GB!!! YEY! smalllll
still no projector.
still no wd media player
Muuuuuuu, my Western Digital Media player has not arrived yet!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? Bill ordered the same day as me, and he has gotten his, maybe its coming today! it better doooo! And so does my projector!
we are taking my plinth to uni on monday, and i want to have it ready by then! I need the projector to make the hole in the plinth, but if its not here today we have to guestimate the hole!
Anyway, i got an email form Bill about the media player, and he mentioned that it does not have a loop button, so i did some research and found out that the looping only works if its the only thing on the hard drive, so basically it will loop everything on the harddrive. So that means i have to empty out a hard drive, luckily i have a few spare!!
Anyway in the same forum i found out that the media player appears to play H.264 best, as they are smaller files, so with some difficulty and help of this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEzTYh3f8Ww i am exporting another version of my film. And i might do another one at a different frame rate later too, just so i can find out what looks best!
My projector and my media player has yet to arrive, im sure it will get here soon tho, hopefully today! I wanna play with my new toys!!!!!
Lukes brother Matt has offered to drive my plinth to uni on monday, its super nice of him and its a lot easier this way the taking it on the bus!
Im gonna order the posters for the show now, and later go to b&q for some bits and pieces!
thats some pretty nice weather coming up, or it would be if i was bu=y the see or a nice park, but its ok, we take what we get, even if its grotty dirty london heat!
So earlier this week i had a little panic, the video render was soo slow it would not have finished in time for the show, and the size of the video would have been far to big to play smoothly even with my media player box thingy. So i did what everyone would do in the situation: i asked facebook for help, and it worked just like i knew it would, because i have great friends, and some of them (or rather alot of them really) are film people.
So with the help of Matt King I came up with a plan: Basically my film has way to many layers and most of those layers are far bigger then they need to be. When i started making the videos that the piece is put together of i did not think that far ahead, and they are all like super big, and then scaled down in the final look, its too much for my poor computer to handle. So i rendered together some of the components of the film before i did the whole thing; so the 50 individual raspberry time lapses became one raspberry time lapse. I did the same with the butterflies, the meat and various other bits and pieces. The majority of my piece is mirrored, and only needed to be half the size of the final comp size, so after i had rendered all the components in to videos, i put them back in, and then i reduced the size by 50% and rendered again. It was going much smoother then before thanks to all the work i had done, but when it had 2 min left to render it failed, due to some error with keylight, the plugin i used to remove the green or blue background on the animations. So after a bit of tweeking i figured out how to get it to render again, and luckily the first 18 minutes of the film was already rendered and saved. I rendered the last two minutes and then put the piece together again. So now, instead of being made up of more then 5o different layers, the final film was made up of 10, so i doubled them up and reversed half, and its been rendering all night, and it 8 hours it will be ready! Its very exciting. Also i have rendered it using a different compressor, so hopefully its a much smaller video then the original attempt would have been!
Look at all the help i got!
Also here is the video rendering!! 6 hours to go!